Writer signings, new e-book releases
Susan Beckham Zurenda will review her coming-of-age novel “Bells for Eli” on Tuesday from 10 am to 12 pm at the St. Simons Island Literary Guild Meet the Author event at the Casino, 550 Beachview Drive, St. Simons Island , Ga. Free for members, $ 10 for guests. Registration and masks required – limited to 50.
Michael Ray FitzGerald introduces Jacksonville and the Roots of Southern Rock on Wednesday at 2:00 pm at the Story and Song Bookstore, 1430 Park Ave., Fernandina Beach.
David Bulit reviews and signs his book “Abandoned Jacksonville: Remains of the River City,” Saturday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, San Marco Books and More, 1971 San Marco Blvd.
Kenneth Timmerman speaks about his political thriller “The Election Heist”, 9-11 am on Saturday, The Book Loft, 214 Center St., Fernandina Beach.
Abigail Wildes reviews and signs “Tea With Death,” a fully illustrated, darkly humorous book of poetry perfect for Halloween, Saturday, 10am to 2pm, San Marco Books and More, 1971 San Marco Blvd.
Mandy Haynes will speak about “Sharp as a snake tooth: Eva and other stories”, Saturday from 12 to 3 pm, The Book Loft, 214 Center St., Fernandina Beach.
• The children’s book author Melissa Hurt will present “I am the jungle: A yoga adventure” on Tuesday at 4:30 pm. Please visit The Bookmark’s Facebook page for more information.
• Former US Senator Connie Mack will discuss his memoir “Citizen Mack: Politics an Honorable Vocation” with former Governor Jeb Bush on Thursday from 6pm to 7pm. For more information, please visit the Story and Song Bookstore’s Facebook page.
• Children’s book author Matthew Burgess will present “The Bear and the Moon” on Saturday at 4:30 pm. Please visit The Bookmark’s Facebook page for more information.
• Storytime with Mrs. Dearsha, Saturday 10:30 am and 11:30 am, story and song Facebook Live.
• “100 Things to Do in Jacksonville Before You Die” by Amy West, Jacksonville Beach travel writer.
• “Garbage Pail Kids, Welcome to Smellville,” middle-class fun from RL Stine.
• “War Party,” Jacksonville writer Justin Murphy’s comic book, the first in a 6-issue series described as “Last of the Mohicans” meets “The Howling”.
• A Time for Mercy, a new Jake Brigance from John Grisham, is out Tuesday.
Send bookmark information to email@example.com (don’t forget the 1). Announcements must arrive seven days before the Sunday of publication. Events are open to everyone, unless otherwise stated and can be changed at any time.